Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Memorial Day is my favorite holiday. It was not until I met my husband that I realized what Memorial Day was truly about. The small town in central Kansas where he was born and raised and we now live has an amazing tradition for Memorial Day. Here are a few pictures I took.

The Thielen cousins: Brooklyn, Garrett, Avery (standing on the ground), Hallie, Anna & Sam.



Sam



Anna



Garrett



Our featured speaker Major Russ Allen, US Air National Guard, US Air Force



American Legion Rifle Squad
My dad is the one on the far right, Joe is the third one from the right.



Major Russ Allen addressing those gathered at the cemetery.



Colleen Allen (Russ's Mom) and her grand kids Maggie and Austin. You can't see Emma, she is sitting on Colleen's lap.



Garrett, Anna and Hallie (my niece) listening during the ceremony.



Anna taking a break to read the program.



After the festivities at the cemetery and Legion we usually gather at the farm for a BBQ. The kids were hiding under Grandma's desk. Hallie and Anna are in the back. Brooklyn and Sam are in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment