Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lake with the family

It has become a tradition that my parents rent cabins at Lake Wilson during harvest.  They take the kids while I help with harvest.  My sister and brother-in-law have joined them the last two years.  The reservations have to be made months in advance.  Most years we are still harvesting around the last week of June so that is when they reserve the cabins.  This year harvest was long over so we were able to play at the lake with them.

 If you have never been to Lake Wilson you are missing out.  I'm not a connoisseur of lakes but some of my friends who are rave about how pretty it is and how clear the water is.  It is still a Kansas lake but apparently it is clear as far as Kansas standards.
I do think the sunsets are rather amazing!

 My kids with their cousin McKenzie.

Papa and Mimma after 2 nights at the cabins.  I'm not big into camping and laking so each night I leave my kids with my parents and sister while I go home to my cozy bed.  I feel guilty and relieved at the same time.

More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment