Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Catch up

Today, my last day of summer break before I must return to school I am making up for lost time.  We had a busy summer filled with lots of fun.  Today's post will include just a few of the things we did to start the summer off.

Our usual Dorrance tradition of Memorial Day.  On Memorial Day a rather large crowd gathers in Dorrance to remember those who have served our country.  It begins with a parade from the American Legion to the City Cemetery.  There is a rather impressive service held in the cemetery and then community members return to the Legion for a potluck meal and kids games.

Harvest was super early this year.  I don't think we were cutting on Memorial Day but it might have been the day after.  Here the kids enjoy a meal in the harvest field.

Some more fun in the harvest field.  I'm not sure what these silly kids were up to.  Hallie, Sam & Anna.

In the first few weeks of summer vacation my mom and my sister-in-law, Lori, joined us on a trip down to the Cheyenne Bottoms Wetlands Education Center.  McKenzie, Brooklyn, Anna, Sam, Hallie & Garrett.

Come back to my blog tomorrow to see what other fun things we did this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment